The United Way of Northern Arizona recently celebrated a successful past year with its Annual Meeting and Recognition Event.
It was announced that the current campaign has netted more than $1.3 million so far.
(If you haven’t had a chance to donate, there’s still time. Please click here to contribute.)
“Your support empowers people to succeed in school, get on solid financial ground and lead healthier lives,” said Sedric Cade, outgoing chairman on the board.
UWNA also honored two organizations as Community Builders – the Student United Way at Northern Arizona University and the Front Door Project, which is working to prevent homelessness in the region.
The Community Building Awards are presented to individuals or organizations that support collaborative solutions that sustain the assets and strengths of the community; build local leadership; embrace diversity; mobilize individuals and produce measurable results.
The UWNA also elected the following new members to its board:
- Kevin Dickerson (Page Unified School District)
- Reed Hancock (Tucson Electric Power)
- Erika Harting (Wells Fargo Bank)
- Mike Penca (Flagstaff Unified School District)
- Chris Reed (Christ Church of Flagstaff)
- Gabriella Smith (Kinney Construction Services)
- Jeff Springborn (Nestle Purina)
- Mia Somenek (NAU Student United Way)
UWNA also elected new officers. Sylvia Johnson is now the chairman of the board; Janet Dean is Vice Chairman and Barbara Goodrich is Secretary/Treasurer.