Paul Kulpinski Named Partnership Director of LAUNCH Flagstaff
Former Flagstaff Unified School District Governing Board Member Paul Kulpinski will become the first Partnership Director of LAUNCH Flagstaff, the community-wide initiative to provide all children with a “cradle-to-career” world-class education.
“Paul brings extensive knowledge of the opportunities and challenges facing our education system from his many years on the school board and as a parent,” said Steve Peru, President & CEO of the United Way of Northern Arizona. “His knowledge goes beyond the Flagstaff area to include awareness and involvement with statewide education issues. LAUNCH Flagstaff will benefit greatly from Paul’s knowledge and extensive network.”
LAUNCH Flagstaff is a new community-wide initiative to provide all children and youth, regardless of background or socio-economic status, with a “cradle-to-career” world-class education.
LAUNCH Flagstaff goals are to see increases in the following:
- The number of children entering kindergarten ready for school
- The number of students reading at grade level at the end of the third grade
- The number of 8th grade students performing at grade level in math
- The number of students graduating from high school within four years; and
- The number of students entering college or technical training after high school.
With major funding provided by the Arizona Community Foundation and the Wharton Foundation, The United Way will serve as the “backbone” organization in this new initiative and is currently recruiting for a partnership director for LAUNCH Flagstaff.
Learn more about LAUNCH Flagstaff here.