United Way of Northern Arizona is again offering the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program. This initiative provides FREE help with filing 2017 income taxes from IRS-certified volunteers for households with incomes under $85,000.
Appointment and Scan2Go dates are available in Flagstaff, Fredonia, Hopi (Kykotsmovi & Keams Canyon), Page, Show Low, Tuba City, Williams, and Winslow. Please click on the links below for details in each community.
Flagstaff VITA schedule
Fredonia VITA schedule
Hopi (Kykotsmovi & Keams Canyon) VITA schedue
Page VITA schedule
Show Low VITA schedule
Tuba City VITA schedule
Williams VITA schedule
Winslow VITA schedule
Schedules and locations for tax assistance in Whiteriver, Grand Canyon, Holbrook, and Snowflake will be announced as they are finalized.
While tax filers who schedule appointments will meet with a volunteer to go over tax forms, those opting for Scan2Go can just bring their paperwork to a VITA location, where a volunteer scans it. VITA volunteers contact taxpayers when their taxes are complete so they can be picked up.
All filers need to bring the following with them:
- Picture ID of taxpayer (and spouse, if filing jointly)
- Social security or ITIN cards for all household members;
- Proof of income (all W2 and 1099 forms)
- 1095-A form if you purchased health care from the marketplace
- 1098T and college statement for students with qualified post-secondary education expenses
- Name, address and tax ID number of your child care provider and the amount paid to the provider last year (if applicable)
A copy of last year’s return is also helpful.
Call Eileen Sherlock at 928-220-5163 to schedule an appointment.