Who We Are
United Way of Northern Arizona's Vision
We are approachable, diverse, dynamic, innovative, and inspiring, and we exhibit integrity in delivering results. We work to build a community in which each person…
- Influences others in a positive way.
- Contributes to the community in a way that reflects their culture.
- Becomes the person they want to be.
UWNA is a local nonprofit organization that brings our community together and focuses resources on the most critical human-care needs in Northern Arizona. Although UWNA is part of the network of United Ways across our country, we are governed by a local volunteer board of directors. We have partnerships with government, business, the faith community, education, nonprofits and individuals.
As a convener, collaborator, funder, and leader in addressing health and-human service issues, UWNA fulfills a unique role. We monitor the needs of our community and respond quickly as issues and opportunities arise. And, thanks to the generous support of people throughout Northern Arizona, we’re helping to improve lives every day.
Since 1967, UWNA has been a trusted community leader because we set high standards for conduct — not just for ourselves, but also for our partners and collaborators. Investing in UWNA gives you the power to change your community and improve lives. We maximize your investment by combining your contribution with others and strategically supporting local programs — especially those that target the most pressing needs and focus on the root causes of our greatest challenges.
2017-2018 Board of Directors
Sedric Cade, Chair
Sylvia Johnson, Vice Chair
Brady Brogni, Treasurer
Board of Directors
- Jocelyn Beard, Coconino County
- Bruce Blankenship, Retired, Northern Arizona Healthcare
- Richard Bowen, Northern Arizona University
- Stacey Brechler-Knaggs, City of Flagstaff
- Lisa Campos, Northern Arizona University
- Pearl Chang-Esau, Expect More Arizona
- Tom Cheng, Northern Arizona University
- Gary Davis, Tucson Electric Company
- Janet Dean, APS
- Barbara Goodrich, City of Flagstaff
- Veronica Hipolito, Coconino Community College
- James Jayne, Navajo County
- Mike Kelly, W.L. Gore & Associates
- Brett Larson, W.L. Gore & Associates
- Terry Madeksza, Downtown Business Alliance
- Candace Owens, Retired, Coconino County
- Karen Pugliesi, Northern Arizona University
- Don Rowley, Arizona Daily Sun
- Cynthia Seelhammer, Coconino County
- Jeanne Swarthout, Northland Pioneer College
- Risha VanderWey, Coconino County
Northeast Chapter Leadership Team
- Chair: Kathy Sandoval, National Bank
- Gary Davis, Tucson Electric Power
- Bonnye Knoche, JCPenney
- Tim Mulligan, City of Show Low
- Bill Robertson, UPS (retired)
- Jeanne Swarthout, Northland Pioneer College.
United Way Staff
Our office is located at 1515 E. Cedar Ave., Ste. D-1 Flagstaff, Arizona, 86004. You can call us at 928-773-9813, or send an email to UWNA@nazunitedway.org. To contact a specific staff member via email, click on their name below.