As we continue our annual fundraising campaign for United Way of Northern Arizona, we wanted to take a look at how your generosity impacted the safety and security of residents in Coconino, Navajo and Apache in fiscal year 2021.
Which raised a question: what exactly is “safety and security,” and how did your Stepping Up for Our Community change lives?
- 49,357 people received access to healthcare, including discounted pharmaceutical costs.
- 132,784 individuals received food assistance, primarily from food banks and kitchens, but also through shelters and delivered meals for the homebound.
- 1053 of our neighbors received clothing items.
- More than 3,100 received some form of shelter or housing assistance, including 302 who received help with utilities.
- 278 received either employment or financial training, which will go a long way in creating a firmer foundation for their futures.
All of this was in addition to pandemic specific relief. In the past year, the UWNA helped provide 3,700 bed nights to keep those in shelters safe from Covid-19.
All of this was made possible by people like you. Please consider giving during this current campaign so that we can continue to Step Up for those in northern Arizona who need help in keeping themselves and their families safe.
Thank you so much!